Do you have an interesting story, recipe or a tip on how to make something which has saved you time and money? Share your frugal living discoveries with other frugal readers by submitting a guest post to frugalfoo.com. Guest bloggers who write for frugalfoo.com will benefit from exposure of their work to new readership, while delivering a fresh perspective to frugalfoo.com visitors. Some examples include;
- An innovative new use for a product which saved you time and money around the house.
- A story about your experiences discovering the best value for money while travelling, or out at an event in your local town or favourite restaurant.
- Your own recipe for a low cost, or quick nutritious meal.
- Comparisons between products you have used. Which is the best value for money all things considered.
- Your money disasters! Yes we can all learn from your mistakes too. Your story about wasting time and money and what you have learned.
There’s no minimum or maximum post length (within reason) and a photo of what you have done is encouraged. So start writing!
Rules for Submission
Here are a few rules to help maintain the quality of content on frugalfoo.
- Frugalfoo.com reserve the right to refuse a post on any grounds.
- The article and images must be original. The post must be submitted by the original author. Article directory posts will not be accepted. Any passage of text duplicated from another source will result in removal of the post from frugalfoo.com.
- A photograph of what you have done is required. Under some circumstance public domain images may be used with correct attribution. Public domain images will only be accepted if your story just doesn’t really have a photo eg your experience with a new philosophical outlook.
- Blatant promotion of products, or contrived writing for back linking is not acceptable. Links must be relevant and serve a purpose to the readers of frugalfoo.com. No affiliate links allowed.
- Frugalfoo.com is an Australian website with an international readership. Your personal experiences involving your local area are welcome, just remember to make it interesting and relevant for readers across the globe.
- The guest author is encouraged to respond to any comments made by readers of their guest post.
Common reasons for rejection of guest post submissions to frugalfoo.com are;
- The ideas are too obvious. Lists of solutions to problems which are already well understood will be rejected.
- The article is clearly a re-write of existing material. "Re-purposing" existing material is becoming a popular shortcut for bloggers. It is not acceptable on frugalfoo.com
- Poor English. We are willing to make minor corrections but will reject anything which needs major work.
- Advice only applies to readers of one country. Frugal Foo is an Australian website with a global readership.
- Blogging is about personal experience. No one can argue the facts of your own personal experience. Tell a story about what works for you and why.
- Fresh and original material only.
- Keep it interesting. Is it useful information that people won't already know?
- Include a photo of your creation or the result of it.
Procedure for Submission
Contact Foo at email@example.com with your idea or completed article. I shall then review your work.
Prior to publishing, you may withdraw your guest post submission from frugalfoo.com at any time. I would appreciate a courtesy email informing me that you have withdrawn the guest post submission. No explanation is necessary. However if we have already agreed on a publishing date, you must withdraw in writing and wait to receive an acknowledgment email from firstname.lastname@example.org before publishing the post on an alternate website.
I may slightly modify a post to improve structure, grammar or to improve search engine optimisation so that it augments the overall strategy of frugalfoo.com. The guest author will be advised of any changes prior to posting. If major editing is required the post will be returned for editing by the author.
The editor of Frugalfoo.com reserves the right to insert advertising and other links into the body of the guest post.
I look forward to your submissions. Please contact email@example.com.